Children’s day is a few hours away, and most kids will be on leave tomorrow
We have listed a few activities in the month of October for your reference.
1) 13Oct from 1000 to 1730, “Voyage of Dreams” awaits your family at Central Library. The highlight will be storytelling and diy cardboard Fun. Organised by Mummy Sarah (ThePlayfulParents.com) and NLB, more details listed here.
To quote from Sarah :
[ Voyage of Dreams: Only Believe is a community celebration of hopes and dreams that children and families have. It is also about celebrating the importance of family and creating special family memories through play, and with DIY playthings created out of cardboard. Families that play together stay together! ]
Along the project, Daddy found a website about cardboard fun, maybe someone wish to build a iPhone 5s suit? More cardboard ideas here.
2) Every city needs a hero. Singapore has been hit by hackers, and telecomm, transport, financial and utility services are critically affected! Save the city at Suntec West Atrium. Be CyberShock-ed!
From 04-06Oct, checkout how you can keep Singapore safe by playing a game and stand to win attractive prizes! More details at Let’s Stand Together Fanpage.
3) Only on 04Oct (tomorrow), Fish & CO has a one day Children’s Day promotion. One Kids’ Bait set comes free with every ala-carte main course purchased. Each Kids’ Bait meal ($7.95++) includes a main, a drink; and the biggest loot in the treasure chest- an ice cream!
4) From 4Oct to 3Nov, Kids’ Health & Wellness Fair at City Square Mall.
Date and Time:
- 5 October (KidSports Challenge), 12pm to 6.30pm
- 6 October (Lianhe Wanbao CoffeeTalk), 3pm to 5pm
Venue: Level 1 Atrium
KidSports Challenge for families with children aged two to twelve years old. Parents will get to see their little tots morph into champions as they try their hands at various Olympics-themed sports challenges.
More activities (eg Forest Adventure and Watsons “Wat’s For Babies”) listed on City Square Mall website.
5) River of Life is a Gardens by the Bay exhibition that illustrates the importance of a clean water system for the conservation and protection of a biodiversity-rich environment. Supported by ExxonMobil, with contributions from schools and individuals from the community, this exhibition shares our message of environmental sustainability and commemorates the United Nations International Year of Water Cooperation. You will also get a hands-on experience to make lotus flowers for the river with recycled material.
River of Life Exhibition
4 October – 30 November 2013
9:00AM – 9:00PM
Gallery (Beside Cloud Forest entrance)
More kids activities listed at this website.
Do pop by SengkangBabies’s Gardens By The Bay adventures too.
6) Gather your
flock kids, fly over to the Breeding and Research Centre (BRC) in Jurong Bird Park and indulge their senses at ‘Squawk to Children’s Day’, an engaging activity lined up for them this Children’s Day. Get up close and personal with beautiful macaws and cockatoos, while enthusiastic trainers impart avian knowledge to the little ones. Grab this exclusive opportunity to take a photograph with one of the cockatoos, and because it is Children’s Day, all participants will be rewarded with a Children’s Day gift from Jurong Bird Park!
Venue: Breeding and Research Centre (BRC); Junior Eggs-pert Room
Date: 4 – 5 October 2013
Time: 11.45am, 2.30pm and 4.30pm
Duration: 20 minutes
* Jurong Bird Park admission rates of $20.00(adult) and $13.00 (child 3 to 12 years) apply. Boon Wee and Boon Kang loves Dr Squawk and the bird nursery.
7) Chill out in Singapore Zoo’s Frozen Tundra with the little ones this Children’s Day and enjoy a frosty fun time with a lineup of educational activities about polar bears. Pique your child’s curiosity about polar bears – the largest land predator in the world – in our Snow & Tell session, and see the children go wild on a great seal hunt. To end off on a warm and fuzzy note, work on a beautiful ‘Happy Children’s Day’ card together for Inuka the polar bear!
Children’s Day activities at Singapore Zoo
Date: 4– 5 October 2013
Singapore Zoo admission rates of $22.00 (adult) and $14.00 (child 3 to 12 years) apply
We had a chance to peep inside Inuka’s Frozen Tundra.
8 ) Across the border, Legoland Malaysia Waterpark will be officially opened 21st Oct.
Do look out for a handsome Lifeguard ok, Boon Kang has been selected as Legoland Waterpark’s poster boy
We have even moonlighted as Lifeguards at Pasir Ris pool before.
Do pop by our friends CheekieMonkie and TheWackyDuo for more comprehensive list of Children’s Day activities. In case you are interested in River Safari, Adventure Cove or Sea Aquarium, we share with you SengkangBabies’ preference
Happy Children’s Day in advance ! Boon Yee’s teacher is so sweet. After this weekend, two of our boys will be preparing for their SA2.. (to those who just complete their P6 exams, have a good break !)