[ Media Invite and Vouchers giveaway ]
We have been clamoring for more food since our first Food trail at Far East Square.
One Saturday, we pop by Ya Kun for some traditional breakfast. This Ya Kun branch at Far East square is a landmark. It is always crowded, be it weekday (office workers) or weekend (tourists).
Nanyang traditional coffee with half boiled eggs needs no introduction. Milo for the little ones and we always order extra kaya toasts to go around.
(Scores, Coffee 3.5/5, Kaya Toast 3.75/5)
Yellow wall differentiates Far East Square from China Square and Capitol Square.
Monday to Sunday, Ju Chun Yuan (聚春园) serves buffet Dim Sum. Our table of 3 adults and 4 kids came up to $160, reasonable price for the selection. The prawn dishes and congee is very popular with our family 🙂
– Mon to Fri – 1130 to 1430 – Adults $20.80, child $12.80
– Sat and Sun – 1000 to 1430 – Adults $24.00, child $16.00
* Do call beforehand to enquire about opening hours.
Shrimp dumplings (3/5) and Bean Curd skin roll (3/5)
Char Siew Bao (3.25/5)
Siew Mai (3/5)
Chicken Congee (3.75/5). Humble but delectable porridge, everyone ordered extra.
Baked Barbeque Pork (Char Siew Sou) (3.25/5)
Noodle Spicy Beef (3.75/5). I would recommend this dish if you are a beef lover, slightly spicy and chewy, gravy goes well with noodles.
Pan Fried Dumpling (3.5/5), adults love the crispiness and kids skipped the green ingredients.
纸包鸡 (Paper wrapped chicken) (3/5). We seldom find this dish in Dim Sum menus.
Sliced Spicy Chicken (2.75/5), we are not used to the cold texture.
Fu Zhou Noodle (3.25/5), simple yet appetising.
Fish with Mango sauce (3.5/5), refreshing and sweet.
Ju Chun Yuan Pork Rib (3.25/5) is appetising, sweet and slight wok-hei taste.
Durian Cream Pancake (3.75/5). This dish was present on most tables, we just had to have some sweet Durian treats too.
Enjoying our Dim Sum
Ju Chun Yuan used to be a Chinese school.
The courtyard in front and behind Ju Chun Yuan.
~~~ Far East Square F&B vouchers Giveaway ~~~
Thanks to Far East Square, we have two $50 vouchers to share with our blog readers.
1. Contest is on our Fanpage
2. Fans must first LIKE SengkangBabies Fanpage
3. Leave your name and email on our Fanpage (or you can message email address to us)
4. Share this page (refer step 3) on your Facebook Wall and tag @SengkangBabiesBlog
(so that we know you are participating)
5. Contest ends 08 Apr 10pm, and two winners will be randomly picked
* Not all outlets will allow you to pay with vouchers, please ask beforehand.
* Click to visit our Japanese feast during our first Food Trail
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
ps.. As part of Far East Square’s outreach initiative, our blog gets vouchers to enjoy monthly treats at their F&B outlets.