Before there were themeparks, waterfalls were the main source of entertainment. It was definitely less crowded 30 years ago when Daddy visited. Condition was more pristine and natural then. It was free too :p
Initially, everyone was hesitant. What if I slip, why water so cold?
It is easier to navigate the rocks by crawling or even swimming gently over the boulders.
Video (link) : Waterfall is fun! But be careful of strong currents
Tips to enjoy waterfall :
– No running or jumping on the rocks. Walk slowly (or even crawl), it is very slippery. If kids slip, they might just pull adults down!
– Avoid waterfall after heavy rain, water from the top might gush down and sweep visitors away
– Water depth is shallow near the cascading waters but deeper in the man-made pools
– (Just in case) Tell the kids not to drink from waterfall water, Google “rat urine waterfall” effects
– No shower facility, only small cubicles to change
– No swimwear policy but locals will wear everyday clothes (jeans too) into the water 🙂
– Food. There are some side stalls selling street food near the waterfall entrance, and nearest shopping mall (Kota Tinggi Plaza) is about 15km drive away. Pack some light food (picnic) to the waterfall.
– GPS for Kota Tinggi Waterfall – N01 49.81 E103 49.96
From Woodland customs, drive 58km towards Kota Tinggi direction
– Useful Malaysia Waterfalls blog – http://waterfallsofmalaysia.com/98kotatinggi.php
More Waterfall photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album.