A lot of adventures await families, and we challenged ourselves with Sabah White water rafting.
Kiulu river’s intensity (difficulty) has been rated Grade 1 and 2. The waves are considered mild.
As kids’ butts are smaller, they tend to slip left and right, I was worried the younger ones would fall overboard. My concerns were not warranted, as my adventurous kids constantly urged the captain to flip the boat!
I joked with the kids that they can grab more rafting with the Navy Divers (boat PT)!
Video (link) : Not your usual “Row Row Row your boat”, we love Sabah White Water Rafting!
Kiulu river conquered, one list untick from our Family’s bucket list. Yeah!
For first timers, we will recommend your family go with a river of level 1 and 2 first.
Once kids are more adventurous, go for Level 3 & 4 ! (sample river here and Sabah Pedas)
More details about white water rafting:
– Our White Water Rafting crew is from Riverbug, and booked under Amazing Borneo package
– Our voyage down Kiulu river is 9km, slightly less than 2 hours.
– Adults do most of the paddling as kids just relax.
– Water is slightly cold
– Do wear shoe as the riverbank might have sharp rocks
– No crocodiles along Kiulu river
– The experience downstream is better than Universal Studio’s roller coaster rides 🙂
Do pop by our Sabah itinerary and photos below.
– Sabah 8D7N itinerary
– Sabah Day 1 – Street food discovery
– Sabah Day 2 – White Water Rafting!
– Sabah Day 3 – Twin Islands Hopping
– Sabah Day 4 AM – Desa Cow Farm
– Day 4 PM – Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring + Waterfall + Canopy walk
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort – Luxury Villa
– Day 7 Gaya Island Resort Family Activities
More photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album :
– Day 1 and 2 – Klagan hotel, White Water rafting
– Day 3 – Water sports, Island hopping
– Day 4 – Desa Cow Farm and Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring and vicinity
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort
– Day 7 – Snorkeling and private beach
– Day 8 – Hiking, Home sweet home