Monopoly has been around longer than most of us, since the 1930s!
It has been one of Daddy’s favourite games during his growing up years.
Amazingly, Monopoly is now Wei and Kang’s favourite game too !
Some of the “cheats” and fun remain the same too, example :
- we keep quiet and hope landlord forget our rent, when we step on his property :p
- we cheer when someone is sent to jail (from Community Card)
- or when someone forfeit his $200 income if he steps on the “fouth-square” !
Monopoly is timeless, Singapore is ever changing too.
Hasbro came up with a two-sided monopoly “Then & Now” to cater to players both young and old.
Essentially, same square, but different buildings, example :
- THEN “General Post Office, NOW “The Fullerton Hotel”
- THEN “Coleman Market”, NOW “Lau Pa Sat”
Players both young and old can literally walk through Singapore’s history from colonial to present day.
Kids will understand more about money management, and that most parents do not own a bank.
Has anything changed over the years? Transport has been upgraded.
Due to inflation, rental and property prices have balloon, we now need credit cards to finance your purchase and transactions.
Monopoly’s symbolic tokens, Daddy told us last time got wheelbarrow, rolls-royce, iron and Hat? We thought the Durian is cool haha !
Kang pondering his next purchase.
Thanks to Hasbro, we have three set of Monopoly (worth $79.90) to give away.
You just need to “Like our Fanpage“, and “Comment” your unforgettable moment with Monopoly. Winners will be announced on this coming Sat 14th at 11PM.