[ Sponsored ]
I have recently added Music to my running routine.
With the right song (and tempo), I hope to be motivated to run faster and further 🙂
My previous headset was wired, and I hate the dangling cables. It proves to be more distracting then helpful in my runs. The ear plugs kept dropping off, and it was uncomfortable to push the ear buds deep into the ear canal.
I knew wireless (and bluetooth) is the way to go.
It would help if new headset is light and enduring too.
Enter Plantronics BackBeat Fit.
1) It meets all my requirement, and can last 8 hours!
I do not even need to bother to switch it off, the unit can lasts me for 3 or 4 days’ worth of run.
More importantly, I know my BackBeat Fit will accompany me throughout my upcoming Sundown Marathon in 2017!
You can have a full recharge in around 2 hours (Quick charge 15 minutes for up to 1 hour of music play)
Press a button and my headset will tell me “4 hours of “Listen time left”. Iphone icon will display estimated battery live left.
2) Look at my perspiration, minimal amount of sweat will stick to my Backbeat Fit. The unit’s waterproof design meets the IP57 rating and has an additional sweatproof nano-coating. The last thing we need is for sweat or rain to corrode our headset (Plantronics Youtube)
3) Durable and sporty
The material feels flimsy but is actually very durable, no matter how you twist or loop it.
4) Love the functional design of my BackBeat Fit. The “Hooks” secure the ear plugs snugly near my ear, and will not come loose no matter how I shake my head. It weighs only 24gm, and you will hardly feel it!
5) The buttons are super easy to understand, user friendly and intuitive. I manage to connect the Plantronics BackBeat Fit to my Iphone within 10 minutes of un-boxing.
In addition, Backbeat Fit has a few fancy features too.
6) The most important is the open eartip (ear buds) design which provide ambient awareness. With the music playing, I can still hear the bicycle bells and vehicular horns coming from behind.
Situation awareness is especially important when I go running in the evening. Those noise-cancelling headsets would be good for surround-sound music but might not be recommended for running.
7) Love the vibrant colours.
Love the neon flashy strips, choose a colour to define your style, but I opted for conservative Black Core. The neon “strips” is a safety feature, they can help to reflect lights in the evening.
(Image credit http://www.plantronics.com)
I am definitely looking forward to more runs with my BackBeat Fit 🙂
Follow our running journey here.
More details about Plantronics BackBeat Fit can be found on their website, Facebook and Youtube (Older BackBeat Fit version). Do take note the latest Plantronics BackBeat Fit no longer bundle the reversible-armband together.