[ Tickets giveaway ]
The MAD in MAD Race stands for “Making a Difference” and organisers wish to raise awareness about Depression. Often known as a silent disease, someone who suffers from depression needs a lot of encouragement and love.
To quote from MAD Race, “Extensive research has shown that love, acceptance and support from family, friends and the community at large plays a very important role in how well and fast someone can recover from depression. What this means is that EVERYONE can Make A Difference!!!”
Race day is on 10Oct 8am at Sentosa. Besides contributing to a good cause, the race offers an opportunity for families to enjoy sports and family moments.
Additional information :
– WHO (World Health Organisation) – Depression has been the world’s leading cause of disability since 2012.
– IMH (Institute of Mental Health) – 1 in 17 Singaporeans suffer from major depressive disorder at some point in their life. This makes depression the most common mental health illness in Singapore.
– HPB (Health Promotion Board) – Up to 80% of individuals respond positively to treatment. Depression is the most treatable of all mental conditions.
There is still a lot of social stigma that people with depression are mad. MAD Race hopes to raise hope and let everyone know that we can help in this difficult journey.
Participants can walk 2.5km or run 5km. Those running in the 5km need to collect 7 colours to create a rainbow of Hope. We hope more people can walk out of depression.
Video : Awareness about Depression
~~~ MAD Race tickets giveaway ~~~
1. Contest is on our Fanpage
2. Fans must first LIKE SengkangBabies and TheMADRace Fanpage.
3. Do indicate who you would like to bring along and why
4. Leave your name and email on our Fanpage (or you can message email address to us)
5. Share this page (refer step 4) on your Facebook Wall and tag @SengkangBabiesBlog
(so that we know you are participating)
6. Contest ends 23 Sep 10pm, and two winners will be picked
ps.. All images above credit TheMADRace