Singpost’s Like it Forward is an app created by Singpost, to celebrate World Post Day with Jamiyah Children’s Home.
To encourage Singaporeans to bring smiles to children and rediscover the joys of gifting, SingPost has organised a campaign where users can ‘like’ and ‘share’ doodles drawn by 22 children from Jamiyah Home.
If you have noticed, the kids have drawn their own wishlist 🙂
1. VISIT the ‘GALLERY’ (You need to like Singpost’s Fanpage first)
2. READ the story behind each child and the gift they wish for
3. LIKE to make a child’s wish come true
4. SMILE because you’re one step closer to making a child really happy!
Daddy would like to share a story from one of the children.
The more Likes you give, the child will have a higher chance of getting his or her gift.
Be generous, LIKE away, help Singpost to make one more child Smile 🙂
SengkangBabies is a parenting blog and we are very proud of our family. Through our blog and photos, it is not difficult to tell that we have a tight-knitted family.
However, we always highlight to our kids that not every child is fortunate enough to enjoy family warmth. Some kids might have abusive parents, or their guardians might be sick, or lack the financial capability to care for them.
MSF (Ministry of Social and Family Development) has a Fostering Scheme to help these unfortunate kids. More information is available at this link.
MSF’s video showcase a few foster families’ experiences. We can witness how these fantastic families treat their foster kids like their own children, and provides them with unconditional Family Love.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
In summary, the criteria to be foster parents are :
– must be residents of Singapore;
– preferably married;
– at least 25 years old; and
– must be medically fit to care for children
* Training and a monthly allowance will be available to help potential foster families.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
In case you are interested to find out more, there is a Fostering roadshow from 19-21Apr.
We can definitely do more to help the less fortunate. Do help MSF to share their fostering programme with more big-hearted friends and families :