On 28 July, Daddy was going to be one of the botaks. Kudo to the shopping spirit, a lot of shoppers decided there and then to just queue and shave !
=== === === ===
Through this symbolic hair-shaving event, organiser and participants hope to :
1. Create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore
2. Show children with cancer and their families that they are not alone in their fight against cancer
3. Tell children with cancer that it is OK to be bald
4. Raise funds to help children with cancer and their families
5. Build a community of support for children with cancer and their families
=== === === ===
Whatever your reason, be it giving back to society, standing tall with cancer stricken kids, or just saying I-Care. Daddy hoped we did sent a loud message across last weekend.
It was heartening and inspiring to see the participants march up one by one, with all their beautiful crown, and flashing a BIG smile after the haircut !
Which hairstyle do you prefer? Mohawk in The last Mohican?
Some punk musician? 哪吒三太子?
It was all over in 5 mins.
You will not get to see this hairdo for the next six months keke :p
Daddy say we will be lucky if we touch is head. Very ticklish.
Oh, did I mention people will suddenly take an interest in your new hairdo? When you take the MRT or bus, your fellow passengers will be wondering, is he a convict, is he sick, something must be wrong yada yada.
Just a few days, and Daddy can feel the scrutinizing eyes from strangers.
Now imagine, how our little friends who are suffering from cancer are feeling?
Fighting the disease is already a hugh uphill task, society definitely can afford to show the less-fortunate kids, that we CARE !
Blogger Daniel wants some volunteers to #CookForFamily. We cook, we bond, then we blog about our family experience. Kids place their tummy-faith on Daddy’s French toast! (Photo taken early Sat morning when Daddy is supposed to be snoozing, thus the no-makeover style)
–> If you are interested, join 100 others at Twitter Hashtag #CookForFamily or register here.
Admist all the bells and whistles, Daddy always believe bloggers have a social responsibility, to bring awareness to issues and the less fortunate.
1. Adam met with a mishap, leaving him handicap, but his mother is picking him up again. Salute! When we complain about our lives, there are always someone less fortunate out there, whose voices are not even heard. Daddy wish our community will be more inclusive.
2. Hair For Hope. If you wish to donate hair or money for a good cause,
contact Daddy at –> SengkangBabies_Helpdesk