Canon invited us to a “Family bloggers shootout” on Sentosa. We all love treasure hunting, and we got a series of tasks to complete for the afternoon.
The meeting point was at Taste of Asia. After getting our mission brief, we were equipped with Canon cameras and given a short demo on the camera’s functionality.
We got a Powershot G7X, a very powerful and niffy consumer camera. It comes with a wireless feature too. Simply download a Canon app (Canon CW) and you will be able to transmit photo from camera to phone to Social Media 🙂
After getting a quick bite and some useful camera tips, we were ready to navigate Sentosa island with a Japanese language map. We grabbed the wrong map in our haste haha 🙂
#Task 1 – We have always seen Sentosa’s Merlion from far or near, but we never consider going up before. Level 10 would be the Mouth, and if weather permits, you can climb to the Head too.
Canon Powershot G7X performs excellently in low light!
Wishing coin at the top floor.
We need to take a photo of the view from the Merlion’s mouth.
On to our next task, we did not forget to have Fun along our “Race”. Canon Powershot G7x’s flip LCD is really convenient for selfie photos!
#Task 2 – Sky Tower
From the top of Sky Tower, we could see a storm approaching Sentosa Island!
Tips to enhance the Luge experience :
– get an express pass (shorter queue) and unlimited pass for endless Fun!
– go during Sunset, less hot and amazing Orange skyline
– wear a shower cap, the helmets are not exactly dry haha
– secure your helmet properly as accidents can happen
– Luge can reach 30kmh on stretch and the bends can be pretty sharp, slow down
– do not e-Brake! and of course do not tailgate.
– mount a GoPro to your head, get the thrilling POV effect
The luge is simple and easy enough for everyone from 4 to 100 years old.
(image credit Skyline Luge)
More about Skyline Luge :
Luge ticket pricing starts from $15 for a single skyride and Luge.
Skyride (chairlift) :
– Minimum height 85cm to ride with an adult
– Minimum height 135cm to ride alone
– 6yrs and 110cm or taller to ride Luge alone
**Children under the age of 6 years can ride tandem with an adult
Operating hours : 10am to 9.30PM
Location : Beach Station
We have three set of “Family deals” to giveaway
(Each deal is worth $39 and contains 4 rides)
* Family deals are applicable for families with children below 16 years old.
** Children under 6 years or shorter than the required 110cm to ride alone, may ride the Luge in tandem with a full paying adult.
1. Contest is on our Fanpage
2. Fans must first LIKE Skyline Luge and SengkangBabies Fanpage
3. Leave your name and email on our Fanpage (or you can message email address to us)
4. Share this page (refer step 3) on your Facebook Wall and tag @SengkangBabiesBlog
(so that we know you are participating)
5. Contest ends 02Jul 11pm, and three winners will be randomly picked
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
We would like to thanks Skyline Luge for the Fun invitation, Daddy enjoyed his rides with the boys. More fun Luge photos are uploaded on our Fanpage album.