Twin Island hopping Sabah, we did everything, well almost every sports available on the menu 🙂
There are 5 islands at Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. Manukan, Manutik and Sapi (map) are the three more popular islands, and your operator will decide which islands to go on the actual day. All three offer decent water clarity (ie can see fishes) but take note bread-feeding is discouraged.
You know a beach is good when you can spot shoals of fishes around the jetty! Kids will be squealing in delight, and we wish we could jump from the jetty!
Parasailing was new to me. I paired up with Boon Xin, and Boon Wee with Boon Yee (No1 and No 3). The anticipation is strongest before we launch, but once we are up in the air, absolute freedom as we enjoy the sea wind. Wave to your family and friends, look far ahead over the horizon 🙂
Parasailng RM 180 (per pair, about 8 minutes) and Banana Boat RM 40 (per person). Banana boat allows our family to grab each other for dear life as we bump up and down over the waves, if we fall off, just float and wait for rescue (first photo above)
No time to shout, the zipline is too short to feel any tension or fear, just Jump and enjoy the pristine water below. Everyone had to jump, some hesitated but everyone made it across! (Tip: Wear footwear as there is a 10min uphill small hike and pavement is full of pebbles ouch!)
Video (link) : Check out the water activities thrills from Day 3 !
Video 2 (link) : Clear water Sabah snorkeling
Clear water, rich corals behind Sapi island. Fun snorkeling experience but those above 1.7m might accidentally step on the sharp corals, be careful. We spend almost 45 minutes in the cool water.
Do pop by our Sabah itinerary and photos below.
– Sabah 8D7N itinerary
– Sabah Day 1 – Street food discovery
– Sabah Day 2 – White Water Rafting!
– Sabah Day 3 – Twin Islands Hopping
– Sabah Day 4 AM – Desa Cow Farm
– Day 4 PM – Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring + Waterfall + Canopy walk
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort – Luxury Villa
– Day 7 – Gaya Island Resort Family Activities
More photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album :
– Day 1 and 2 – Klagan hotel, White Water rafting
– Day 3 – Water sports, Island hopping
– Day 4 – Desa Cow Farm and Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring and vicinity
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort
– Day 7 – Snorkeling and private beach
– Day 8 – Hiking, Home sweet home