[ Sponsored and Giveaway ]
My Fitbit Charge HR is monitoring my health, fitness and even sleep pattern!
And subconsciously, I am making an effort to reach those “Recommended” Health milestones.
Fitbit app has a nice dashboard to provide a summary of my activities (7×24 is possible!), synchronised from my Fitbit Charge HR. These are some of my daily milestones :
– 10,000 steps daily
– 20 Floors
– Perhaps sleep 6 hours plus daily
– I am even motivated to do pumpings and plankings to see how my heartrate measures up
I am climbing the stairs more frequently instead of taking the lift.
I realised it took me 1800 steps (around 20 minutes) to walk from office to Boon Keng MRT station, and 1200 steps from Sengkang MRT to home.
Walking from office to Boon Keng MRT can be faster than a bus ride! (no waiting time, no traffic jams). Side benefit of healthy lifestyle 🙂
My daily and weekly “exercise” is captured on my Fitbit app.
My sleeping heartrate is 55 to 60, and jogging peak (slow pace) is around 160 to 170.
Fitbit Charge HR’s Optical heart rate monitor is constantly measuring my heartbeat.
The graph below tells me I am burning more calories when I sustain my workout heartbeat between 120 to 170.
Fitbit app is really cool! Track your exercise, be it Running, Walking or Hiking. I use Hiking for cycling too (Cycling is only available for Fitbit Surge)
* You will need to enable GPS and Bluetooth on your phone to track your exercise.
Refer image below, we cycled 16km around Sengkang and Punggol (Dayre blog link)
If I make an effort to hit my milestones daily, day by day, I should become fitter 🙂
Once I reach a new milestone, I will set a higher benchmark.
Health is not only about physical fitness. We need to take care of our diet and sleep patterns too.
For those interested, you can even track your weight loss, calories burnt and intake of water!
Let us look at the feature of Fitbit App, which is compatible for all Fitbit devices.
This is the app which will synchronised and extend your Fitbit’s capability.
Useful comparison from Fitbit website, I actually prefer the Charge HR compared to the Surge.
The small LED screen is less prominent.
(image credit Fitbit)
Weekly summary, to make sure we are active and our toes haha. My Fitbit Charge HR is now my fitness companion and coach. I would also recommend moderation, do not go over-zealous and start tracking every minute of your life, every step, and every ounce of calories :p
I still feel a bit weird wearing my Fitbit Charge HR to sleep :p
– hope LED display can last longer, perhaps 10 seconds
– waterproof my Fitbit Charge HR, so I can go swimming (device is only splash proof)
– possible to track of cycling from app? (currently only available for Fitbit Surge)
– Love the 5 days battery lifespan, do take note battery life will be drastically shorten if we keep “tracking” our exercise (Run, Walk, Hike)
Follow our jogging and cycling links here :
I had earlier highlighted how Pilates kickstart my motivation to stay fit. Fitbit will help me gauge my performance, recommend more improvements and sustain my path of staying fit 🙂
More details and updates about Fitbit can be found on their Website and Fanpage.
(colourful Fitbit Flex)
Thanks to Fitbit, I have two Fitbit Flex (worth $148) to giveaway.
Do take note that Fitbit Flex will have lesser features compared to Fitbit Charge HR, notably heartrate monitoring. This would be the ideal gift idea for the sporty spouse. Being sporty can be fashionable too 🙂
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
1. Contest is on our Fanpage
2. Fans must first LIKE SengkangBabies Fanpage
3. Leave your name and email on our Fanpage (or you can message email address)
4. Share this page (refer step 3) on your Facebook Wall and tag @SengkangBabiesBlog
(so that we know you are participating)
5. If you leave your comments (Can be same content as Fanpage) on my blog, you will get an extra chance to win the Flex
6. Contest ends 11 Dec 10pm, and two winners will be randomly picked
*This contest is only for those with a valid Singapore address.
You may wish to read Ingspirations’ Fitbit Surge review.