We pop by Gardens by the Bay (GBTB) for Tulipmania and Easter Egg hunt last Sunday. Everyone was delighted that the Tulips have bloomed already, read about our Tulip bulb planting experience here.
The landscaping reminds us of the Netherlands, amidst the colourful explosion of Tulips.
The Easter long weekend was packed with crowds everyday. Tulips and Miffy are drawing everyone to Gardens by the Bay (please buy your tickets online).
At the entrance of Flower Dome, visitors are greeted with mini Netherlands, courtesy of KLM’s Delft Houses. We heard these houses are collector’s item exclusively for KLM’s Business Class flyers.
After registration, our kids and Cheekiemonkies are eagerly waiting to start their Easter Egg hunt. GBTB staff has hidden the eggs in baskets and clogs around Flower Dome.
Equipped with a plastic bag, the boys left no stones and shreds unturned!
We also discover that Tulipmania visitors were helping themselves to the blue coloured eggs. Poor kids could only find “empty nests” haha.
Video : Checkout the kids and their Easter Egg Hunt
Our rewards, the blue chocolate (Blue for KLM’s colour). KLM and GBTB staffs are kept busy refilling chocolates.
Flowers everywhere, Tulips fragrance lingers in the air, so Refreshing !
Click Click, shutterbugs clicked non stop at Tulips and Miffy.
Boys and Tulips.
It is really crowded, but no one seems to mind.
The Tulips are really Mooi! (Dutch for Beautiful)
Every Tulip colour has a meaning.
Boon Yee even lucky dipped an adorable Miffy suitcase!
After an eventful Easter Egg Hunt, we pop over to Cloud Forest for some cooling respite. Seems like a gecko and mynah had the same thoughts.
We are insulated from the humid weather outdoors.
Thank you Gardens by the Bay for the Easter Egg Hunt, kids really had a field day !
Do pop by our Fanpage album for more photos.
Additional Tulips pointers :
– Tulips replanting might take place from Thursday or Friday. It means the Tulips field might take some time to have a full bloom again. Do pop by Gardens by the Bay Fanpage for latest update.
– On the weekend of 26.27Apr (Tulip Cheer), soak in Dutch culture with cheese, music and Dutch Boardgame “Sjoelen”.
– Miffy will be making her last appearance on 26th Apr, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM and 3PM
– Take part in KLM Tulipmania Instagram contest to win attractive prizes, including trips to Amsterdam!
* Tulip Cheer and Instagram contest details are listed here.
– 2013’s Tulipmania was equally Fun, and we all agree Tulips are GBTB’s best display
– All our GBTB experience are listed here
I am a Blogging Daddy of four. Our kids are roaming Singapore to bring you FUN,
This blog is use to capture our kids' growing up phases, and we want you to leave our blog with a smile :)
View all posts by SengkangBabies