If there is one thing which parents dread while traveling, it might be the awful waiting time between check-in and boarding.
Yes, that period in Transit (confined!), when we parents need to think of ideas to entertain the kids. Sleeping is not an option, even if your flight is 5am, as kids do not associate airport with sleep.
We were granted special permission to explore Changi Airport’s transit area during our recent staycation (Crown Plaza).
Video : With two indoor playgrounds, butterfly and sunflower enclosures, movies, console games and even swimming pool! This airport’s transit area is anything but quiet.
Did you know Changi Airport was voted the best airport in the world for sleeping? Seriously, free beds at this link, and we are not talking about the hotels.
Real Sunflowers. We can spot planes taking off (real LOUD) from the Sunflower Garden roof. You can even embark on a nature trail between the Terminals.
If the above list of activities does not suit your taste, there is a bewildering range of shopping and eating options. We explore some of them over our 3D2N staycation.
T1 has a Social Tree. You can call it a Social Media tree too haha. Once you upload your photos, it will stay there for 100 years! Make sure your photos are glamorous.
Frequent travelers, especially parents, will appreciate Changi Airport Transit activities.
With the upcoming Terminal 4 and Jewel, Changi Airport is shaping itself to handle more visitors, and cementing itself as a lifestyle hub.
How can you make something good even better?
We list some ideas and wishlist here. Perhaps a Sports theme in the airport. Let people jog around the complex, free sports trial like scooter, roller blades and even rock climbing or abseiling from T1’s Control Tower. We are looking forward to Jewel’s garden and waterfall.
Perhaps, let kids pick up diy learning themes at Changi Airport:
1) one day as a pilot
2) one day as a stewardess
3) one day as a janitor
4) how does the luggage flow from a plane to your belt?
5) how does ICA controls passport(immigration)
6) how do we prevent disease from entering Singapore
7) who controls the aeroplanes flight path, and clockwork landing and taking off
8 ) is that a Jumbo 747 crossing the overhead bridge above! Ground crew refilling etc
9) firefighting crew in Changi Airport, any different from normal firefighters?
– With many more activities to keep us entertained in Changi Airport, Daddy hopes carpark charges will become more affordable
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Changi Airport’s transit area will pose another problem for parents, kids do not want to leave! Do pop by our Crowne Plaza Changi Airport itinerary here :
– Day 1 Checkin, swim and canape
– Day 2 Exploring Changi Airport (photos)
– Day 3 Transit area‘s attractions (photos)
– 2014 Disney Magic at Changi Airport