We explore Sabah Street Food in this post.
Kota Kinabalu (affectionately known as KK) will be our base for our vacation in West Sabah. One of our initial objectives was to discover Sabah Street Food. (Pineapple Bun from Keng Wah Hing)
We stayed at Klagan hotel, which is centrally located, and walking distance to nearby food joints and tourist spots. Do pop by our Sabah Itinerary for a list of actions over our 8D7D stay.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Earlier in Singapore, we arrived at Changi Airport in limousine comfort and style. We were invited to try Blacklane’s VIP service. Our luxurious Alphard can comfortably fit “bigger” families, and we did not have to commute in two cabs. You too can book a ride from Blacklane website.
Shopping malls, supermarket and food court near our hotel. We noticed there are a lot of pastries stalls (both upmarket and coffee shop) around. Kids do not have an excuse to go hungry 🙂
Tuck in, yummy prawns and crabs. Price is indeed cheaper but we still prefer West Malaysia (and Singapore)’s seafood. Sabah’s seafood is slightly bland. Infact, we found most of the “famous’ food in Sabah so-so only. Decent and tasty, but nothing spectacular.
We did not really explore hard enough to find the best Sabah Street food, but we can assure you that Sabah has tons of family friendly activities!
Do pop by our Sabah itinerary and photos below.
– Sabah 8D7N itinerary
– Sabah Day 1 – Street street food discovery
– Sabah Day 2 – White Water Rafting!
– Sabah Day 3 – Twin Islands Hopping
– Sabah Day 4 AM – Desa Cow Farm
– Day 4 PM – Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring + Waterfall + Canopy walk
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort – Luxury Villa
– Day 7 Gaya Island Resort Family Activities
More photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album :
– Day 1 and 2 – Klagan hotel, White Water rafting
– Day 3 – Water sports, Island hopping
– Day 4 – Desa Cow Farm and Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring and vicinity
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort
– Day 7 – Snorkeling and private beach
– Day 8 – Hiking, Home sweet home