Grand Canyon Water Park is actually an unused quarry in Chiang Mai. There are two “lagoons” here, one for cliff jumping (10m!), and the other is family-friendly bouncing water park.
I just found out about this Grand Canyon Water Park one night before we flew off to Thailand, and I knew we just had to squeeze in a few hours into our busy itinerary.
I know my adrenalin-pumped kids will love the water park.
JUST IMAGINE “bouncing castles”, Ninja Warriors, and SOC (Obstacle course!)
No way we are going to miss Ninja actions aka Ninja Warrior, in a water-based setting. A scenic sunset photo before I slide 5m down.
Video (YouTube link): Our Fun experience at Grand Canyon Water Park
We would recommend minimum 2 hours to soak in all the Fun. Although the area might not be huge or contain many slides, the obstacles can easily keep my kids entertained for minimum of 3 hours!
Safety is always our top priority. Grand Canyon Water Park has a lot of life-guards on patrol, they were very helpful in pulling the kids out of the water (Parents might be exhausted from all the chasing and jump)
Yes, even adults will find the slides and obstacles irresistible.
Life jacket is a must for all participants. Parents must follow the younger kids around. Just in case they try to play hide and seek and go below the floats!
Water is cool, black and lifeless, water is quite well maintained.
My photos and Video cannot do justice to this fabulous water park! I was sold when I saw this video (link) !
More about Grand Canyon Water Park :
– GPS 18.695994, 98.892045 (2 hours North of Railway)
– Ticket pricing : Adult 350 Baht, Child 300 Baht
– Opening Hours : 0900 to 1900
– Kids must be minimum 5 years old
* Take note this park is relatively new, most Tut Tut drivers only know about the cliff-jump at Grand Canyon (Show them the Panda mascot)
If you are looking for shopping centres in Chiang Mai, you would be disappointed. All our 5D4N Chiang Mai Family Itinerary photos have been uploaded :
– 5D4N Chiang Mai Family Itinerary
– Day 1 photos — Airbnb stay, Grand Canyon Waterpark
– Day 2 photos – Doi Inthanon
– Day 3 photos – Buatong waterfall, Siam Insect Zoo, Doi Suthep temple
– Day 4 photos – Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, Old city
Follow out hashtag #skbChiangMai