In Singapore, a lot of stuffs are man-made. Not Sembawang Hot Spring (三巴旺溫泉) though. Free flow hot spring water, some swears by its healing properties.
Sembawang Hot Spring is actually on Sembawang Air Base grounds, it is a short walk from Gambas Avenue. We would recommend you to park at Block 114, then walk 15 minutes over to the Hot Spring. (GPS n01.43500 e103.82457)
(image credit Google Map)
Kids are amazed about the Hot Spring’s source.
– Where is the Hot water coming from?
– Why is the water hot?
– Where is the tap :p
The Hot Spring is supposed to cure some ailments (we cannot substantiate this claim), but we can guarantee this Hot Spring novelty is Fun!
Some uncommon scenes at the Hot Spring :
– People actually cycle over with buckets and tabao (package) the spring water home.
Wash car or wash own self, we did not probe.
– Most will dab their feet in the Hot water. The water can still be hot even after 15 minutes. We witnessed two aunties with their own bathtub, whole body submerged! We did not spot any bikinis.
– Uncles were topless, casually wiping their body with the hot water. Newspaper reports indicate some regulars come to enjoy the hot spring everyday.
To enhance your experience, bring a couple of eggs. As water is not at boiling point, we need about three refills of the spring water, approximately 12 to 15mins before egg is cooked. Soy sauce and pepper highly recommended.
Video (Link): Novelty experience bathing at Sembawang Hot Spring
Additional Tips :
– Seats and buckles are available for use, but if you are concerned about hygiene, bring your own buckets.
– Daddy is more concerned about mosquitos. Kids got a few “jabs”.
– there is no toilet facility at this site
– 奶奶 advised us to bring one bottle of spring water home, so we can scrub our door and car plate for good luck. We are waiting for the next 4D announcement. Huat Ah!
** safety must always be the first priority **