… VILLA on the hill!
Are you in the mood for a vacation already? From jetty to lobby, the kids had a sneak preview of what will greet us over 3D2N. Green foliage, surrounded by South China Sea, and different tones of green and blue water.
Our room is perched on the hillside, enveloped by foliage. We can always laze on the couch and admire the landscape, but alas wet monsoon season means the cushions are seldom dry 🙂
Love the fruity shampoo and body lotion (Orange and Mangosteen flavours), smells nice and really refreshing. We got the sea and pool, but I was wondering why kids still need the bathtub. I could not resist copying the kids in their bathtub, too bad Mummy was too shy to join in.
GIR is actually targeted at honeymooners, but families are welcome too. Pavement are suitable for strollers, but you might wish to choose a unit nearer to lobby (ie meal venues)
The only mode of access on Gaya Island Resort is walking, it is only 1200 steps every day to and fro from our room to lobby haha.
With the good meals over breakfast, lunch and dinner, I console kids we need to exercise. The GIR car plate is exclusively for staff hee hee.
Video (Link) : Ready to dive into the pool?
The pool always look inviting, from any angle!
.. MEALs with a view
We are not joking when we mentioned all meals offer a glimpse of South China Sea. Truly Awesome, as kids will be fantasizing about next Fun beach activity. Sand castle, snorkeling, swimming and kayaking, or just lepak (relax) on a hammock.
Friendly staffs were very prompt in responding to our needs (for hot water, extra blankets).
From the dining establishments to the receptionists, smiles greeted us everywhere, guests are treated like Vips.
(GPS 6.018763, 116.047324 )
Gaya Island Resort allows you to do everything, or simply just relax. We could not ask for a better way to chill and relax after 5D4N of activities in western Sabah. Do pop by our Sabah itinerary and photos below:
– Sabah 8D7N itinerary
– Sabah Day 1 – Street food discovery
– Sabah Day 2 – White Water Rafting!
– Sabah Day 3 – Twin Islands Hopping
– Sabah Day 4 AM – Desa Cow Farm
– Day 4 PM – Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring + Waterfall + Canopy walk
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort – Luxury Villa
– Day 7 – Gaya Island Resort Activities for families
More photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album :
– Day 1 and 2 – Klagan hotel, White Water rafting
– Day 3 – Water sports, Island hopping
– Day 4 – Desa Cow Farm and Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring and vicinity
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort
– Day 7 – Snorkeling and private beach
– Day 8 – Hiking, Home sweet home
ps.. All expenses on Gaya Island Resort had been sponsored