Bliss, our Gaya Island family escapade. Do not disturb our sleeping beauty.
We are near the tail end of our holidays. Our bodies are tired after all the climbs, swims, rafting and snorkeling, read about our Fun (Sabah 8D7N itinerary.)
Before we introduce you to sensuous massage at Gaya Island Resort (GIR)’s Spa village, let us share some of the family friendly activities at GIR (Gaya Day 1 facilities listed here).
Gaya Island family Activities for the day 🙂
I hope our kids were not too loud for the guests haha 🙂
Video (link) : Gaya Island family activities, our water babies went to the pool everyday
We were very fortunate throughout our Sabah trip. It is supposed to be the rainy season, but we always complete our itinerary before the rain! Even Gaya Island Resort’s downpour did not affect our sunny sea activities yeah!
… experience Borneo Lifestyle
On our last day, I brought the boys on a 1-hour Guided Nature Walk. We were introduced to Gaya Island’s flora and fauna. Our guide told us that Gaya Island used to be under the sea a long time ago, we can still spot white sand along the trail.
Our guide (Jamie) introduced us to Tongkat Ali and Rattan.
Kids look blur when I told them Tongkat Ali is aphrodisiac, so I told them make man more powerful (grin).
Rattan need no introduction, they straight away answer “cane” hee hee.
Although it is only a short 1 hour walk, the steps are steep and narrow. I calculated 3000 steps up and down, and 20 stairs worth of elevation.
… SPA Village
The treatment and massage session, relaxing, sensuous and therapeutic.
Salt scrub, herbal bath, and a cool orchid soak. All the ingredients are from Gunung (Mountain) Kinabalu. This is followed by body steaming, infuse herbal blend of the many gingers from the rainforest.
Gaya Island Resort allows you to do everything, or simply just relax. We could not ask for a better way to chill and relax after 5D4N of activities in western Sabah. Do pop by our Sabah itinerary and photos below:
– Sabah 8D7N itinerary
– Sabah Day 1 – Street food discovery
– Sabah Day 2 – White Water Rafting!
– Sabah Day 3 – Twin Islands Hopping
– Sabah Day 4 AM – Desa Cow Farm
– Day 4 PM – Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring + Waterfall + Canopy walk
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Resort – Luxury Villa
– Day 7 Gaya Island Family Activities
More photos have been uploaded on our Fanpage album :
– Day 1 and 2 – Klagan hotel, White Water rafting
– Day 3 – Water sports, Island hopping
– Day 4 – Desa Cow Farm and Kinabalu Park
– Day 5 – Poring Hot Spring and vicinity
– Day 6 – Gaya Island Family Resort
– Day 7 – Snorkeling and private beach
– Day 8 – Hiking, Home sweet home
*All expenses on Gaya Island Resort had been sponsored.