[ Daddy wants to be a Hero ]
Ours is the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver, which cost $389 in June, and we got a free 32Gb microSD (worth $90) during the promotion. Mummy brought it for Daddy as a Father’s Day gift 🙂
Although our family’s activities are not really “adrenalin pumping”, our capable GoPro has been following us on our adventures.
Our multitasking GoPro Hero 3+ Silver:
– underwater camera (comes with underwater casing)
– in-car camera
– selfie camera
Although the GoPro is cool, there are a few things which our GoPro Hero 3+ Silver cannot perform :
– GoPro can capture everything with fisheye lens, but cannot Zoom
– Night vision photo is not ideal and subject to shakes (like any other Point & Shoot cameras)
– There is no LCD for playback, and you can only aim and shoot (practice makes perfect)
– Themepark staffs might prevent you from GoProing on slides and rides, cover and concealment please :p
The first accessory you need will be a stick, for stability and wefie (grab a 18″ or 36″). Once you are familiar with GoPro functions and your own requirements, more poisoning shopping available at GoPro website. Anyone need a drone?
GoPro Hero cameras are really outstanding when it comes to videos!
Checkout some of our actions.
Legoland Waterpark on GoPro
All our Legoland posts
NDP rehearsal RHIB ride POV
Cloud Forest Waterfall
In car recording
Not sure whether Daddy will be skydiving or bungee jumping in his lifetime, but swimming with whalesharks seem easier to achieve. We say GoPRo Hero is ideal for family adventures.
Checkout this Oslob whaleshark link from the Philippines.
Checkout our favourite GoPro teacher MicBergsma. This chap has hundreds of tutorials and he is deaf (amazing how he conveys his instructions across!). He GoPros his pets too.
..updated 2014Nov – Just heard Xiaomi will come up with a budget Gopro camera before end of 2014. It looks so identical!