We were in Penang last June, and Bao Sheng Durian farm (宝盛榴莲园) ranks high on our must-visit-must-eat list. Picture for illustration only, but the Durian buffet here is truly value for money 🙂
GPS (N5 24.1755 E10013.165), hilly terrain but the durians are worth the winding road. You will pass by Butterfly Farm and a dam on the way up. Countless makeshift Durian stalls line the road.
Come to me Durian 🙂
We first heard of Durian Buffet through Cheekiemonkies blog.
Visiting Bao Sheng Durian was a first for us, the other highlight must be our Hiace 10 seater van.
Again, we first heard of Kasina from Cheekiemonkies.
When driving in a convoy in Malaysia, the biggest headache is finding a carpark space near to each other.
Rent a van, bringing two or even three families around is now so convenient.
More tips for durian and self driving in Penang :
– Bao Sheng Durian website – do check with them for best season to visit
– We would not hesitate to recommend Kasina’s reliable service. Hassle free pickup and return. They might be cheaper rentals around but we wanted a company with good track record
– Average rental for our 2.5l Diesel Hiace van is 300+ ringgit per day
– Parking coupons for Penang cannot be used on Peninsula mainland (?? weird)
– Do pop by our Fanpage for Penang Day 1, 2, 3 and 4 photos. Day 5, 6 Ipoh is not ready.